Current Employment Opportunities:
9/6/22 Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) is currently interviewing teaching artists to work in the after school program in Park Forest, Illinois.
CAPE engages students, inspires teachers, and transforms schools by weaving visual and performing arts into classroom lessons. To bring their academic subjects to life through art, we partner teaching artists with Chicago Public School teachers to develop original, creative lesson plans. These lessons integrate music, dance, drama, digital art, video and photography into classrooms; and, they also expand learning beyond school walls into community sites like art studios, performance halls and exhibit spaces.
CAPE demonstrates the impact of this approach to teaching and learning by commissioning long-term research to reveal how integrating art into education continually improves students’ critical thinking, self-esteem and confidence.
CAPE is looking for artists in all disciplines with:
- Experience in teaching in public schools.
- Experience in working in collaborations.
- Curiosity about how young people and teachers think.
- Interest in artistic research.
- Interest in documenting and critiquing teaching practice.
- Interest in participating in their own professional growth.
- Interest in participating in research on the role of the arts in learning.
Please email cover letter, resume, and website link to:
Associate Director of Education
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education
226 S. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, Il 60604
If you’re interested in volunteer or internship opportunities, please email email@example.com with your area of interest, availability, course credit requirements (if applicable), resume, and references.