GENERAL CAPE ACCESSIBILITY AND PRESENTATION INFORMATION
- The CAPE address is 1010 W 35th St, Suite 697, Chicago, IL 60609.
- There is a free parking lot on site at the west end of the building where the entrance is. There is also free parking on Aberdeen St nearby and metered parking on 35th St.
- Entrance to the building is located in the parking lot, and the right-side door is open until 6pm M-F , and may require a CAPE staff member to let individuals in. Please contact the respective event contact’s phone number if assistance is needed.
- The space is at the end of a 300’ hallway across from the elevator.
- There are two stairwells at the southeast and southwest corners of the building, primarily used as fire escapes.
- A wheelchair and staff member to transport individuals from the entrance of the building into the space are available upon request.
There is one male and one female restroom that are shared with the rest of the floor’s occupants.
The male restroom has 2 urinals, 1 stall, and 1 handicap-accessible stall.
The female restroom has 3 stalls, and 1 handicap-accessible stall.
Handicap-accessible stalls each have 1 infant changing table.
Sinks and flushing mechanisms are manual. Hand dryers are automatic and loud ~80 dB.
- There is a working PA, a microphone system and Wifi in the space.
- 2 Fire Extinguishers are located near the column at the front door, second is in kitchen
- There is a kitchen area in the space where individuals can wash and prepare food and wash hands.
- When food is served, it typically will be catered, served buffet style. Please advise about food allergies prior to an event, email@example.com.