CAPE seeks a full-time Research Program Coordinator to provide logistical, administrative, and communications support for after school programming as well as cross-organizational research efforts. The Research Program Coordinator serves as an important point of contact for teachers, teaching artists and school administrators involved in CAPE’s after school program as well as at all CAPE schools involved in research activities.
CAPE is an equal opportunity employer and eager to recruit a diverse pool of candidates who reflect all the talents, values, and experiences that Chicago has to offer.
- Compensation: Competitive, plus benefits
- Status: Full time
- Hours: 35 hours per week; some evenings and weekends required for meetings and special events
- Benefits: Full-time employees are eligible for certain benefits, including access to health, dental, and long- and short-term disability insurance, 401k, etc.
- Location: Based at the CAPE Offices at 228 S. Wabash, with frequent travel to schools around the Chicagoland area
- Reports to: Associate Director of Education
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019.
The Research Program Coordinator will regularly communicate with and update the Associate Director of Education on program and research activities and tasks and contribute to the organization in the following ways:
After School Program Support
- Maintain regular communications with schools, teachers, and teaching artists related to programmatic, administrative, and research matters
- Conduct after school site visits
- Provide support and consultation to teachers and teaching artists as needed
- Coordinate logistics for school sharings and public special events
- Design and manage online teacher documentation portfolios
- Prepare and collect contracts for teaching artists
- Maintain monthly timesheets for teachers and teaching artists
- Organize and coordinate all art supplies and materials ordering and distribution to schools and classrooms
- Organize and coordinate school group field trips and busing logistics
- Organize and maintain equipment storage and inventory, and oversee checkout equipment procedure
- Coordinate logistics for and co-conceive exhibition and dissemination events with Associate Director of Education
- Design and lead exhibition field trip activities
- Design and produce materials as needed for exhibitions and special events
Professional Development Support
- Schedule times and locations of professional development meetings for after school programs in coordination with Associate Director of Education
- Design and produce materials as needed for professional development meetings
- Order and coordinate food orders for professional development meetings and special events
- Plan and facilitate professional development meetings with Associate Director of Education
- Contribute to research design efforts in collaboration with Associate Director of Education, Education Director and external researchers
- Collect and organize data related to grant reporting requirements
- Collect and organize data related to research studies
- Conduct research interviews and surveys with teachers, teaching artists, and students
- Conduct formal research classroom observations
- Collect, organize, and archive student artwork
- Background in the arts with experience in education and/or administration.
- Experience and/or specific interest in research.
- Experience working with public schools and/or community arts organizations.
- Bachelor degree required.
- This position requires regular travel to multiple neighborhoods in the City of Chicago as well as surrounding suburbs including South Suburbs, Far Southeast side, Southwest side, Westside and Northside neighborhoods. Candidate must have their own vehicle.
- Technologic proficiency, including Google Apps Suite, Microsoft Office, and proficiency in graphic design and layout and basic video editing.
2. At the end of the form, you’ll be asked to upload a single file that should include your resume and a brief cover letter that highlights anything not covered elsewhere or any special work requirements you have. Please use the file naming format detailed on the Google form.
3. Please no emails or phone calls.